If you’ve been following along with the Machine Quilting with Style Blog Hop… you made it! We are one of the last stops on this incredibly inspiring quilting journey and we couldn’t be more thrilled. We’ve been oogling all of the featured quilts, checking out interviews, and reading reviews from the amazing bloggers and just feel so honored to be a small part of the action.
It was about 10 months ago that I first connected with Christa. She was well on her way with this book and impressed me immediately. She’d been introduced to Pellon® Batting by a friend and knew right away that she wanted to work with a few different varieties for the book. I love that she went straight for what I call our ‘specialty battings’ — the Soy Blend and the Wool. Both battings are simply terrific — completely different and both magnificent to work with.
Little did I know when we first spoke just how amazing this book would be. I’ll admit it… I’m not a quilter. Thus far, I’ve only made simple throw quilts. I’ve only recently started small things like table runners and have just cracked the surface on making my own binding. I have a free-motion foot, but I’ve never actually used it. Christa’s book makes me feel like so much more is possible. She does a wonderful job of breaking down all of the steps — which batting to use, how to select the right thread, how to lay everything out on your home machine, how to use the walking foot, how to free motion quilt… the list goes on. She even explains different types of stitches and techniques and when to use them. This book is such a must-have for beginners (like me!) and experienced quilters alike.
Today’s feature quilt on the Blog Tour is Focal Point. It is one of my favorites, which is fabulous since it’s one of the quilts that uses our Soy Blend batting. See below for Christa’s stunning work and make sure to visit Amy Garro over at 13spools.com for more quilty goodness.
THE QUILT ALONG
Christa will be doing a quilt along in January and YOU get to vote for your favorite quilt. Whichever quilt receives the most votes is the quilt along she’ll do. Won’t that be fun??
Click here to voice your opinion and join in on the fun!
We couldn’t resist a giveaway to go along with all of the book raves! Christa used our Legacy by Pellon® Soy Blend Batting on both Focal Point and Lightning and our Legacy by Pellon® 100% Wool Batting for Pearl Gray. To celebrate, we’d like to gift one Throw-Sized package of each to one lucky winner. Even better? Christa has graciously offered up an e-copy of her book as well. Simply leave a comment below letting us know what you love most about the art of quilting!
Giveaway is open until 11:59pmEST on Thursday, Oct. 1. We’ll draw a winner and announce on Friday, Oct. 2. This giveaway is open to US & Canada only.
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED — Congratulations to Claudia, #112:) — We’ve emailed you to coordinate the shipping of your prize!
This amazing blog hop kicked off on 9/14. We’d highly recommend checking out some of the posts below. Some showcase quilts from the book, some offer thoughts and reflections, and many offer some fabulous giveaways. So grab a cup of coffee (or tea!), a light snack and settle in for a serious dose of inspiration!
These stops all feature quilts from the book:
- 9/14 Christa Quilts – Where it all begins!
- 9/14 Color Crystals – Vicki Reubel from Orchid Owl Quilts
- 9/14 Technicolor Backing – Ida Ewing from Ida Rather Be Quilting
- 9/15 Pearl Gray – Alyce Blyth from Blossom Heart Quilts
- 9/16 Broken V – Sharon McConnell from Color Girl Quilts
- 9/17 Candy Pop – Linda Hungerford from Flourishing Palms
- 9/18 Ripples – Melissa Corry from Happy Quilting
- 9/19 Little Man’s Fancy – Tina Guthmann from Mod Geometry
- 9/21 Square in a Square – Stacy Cooper from Farm Road Quilts
- 9/22 Static – Lee Heinrich from Freshly Pieced
- 9/23 Rain – Cheryl Brickey from Meadow Mist Designs
- 9/24 Lightning – Leanne Chahley from She Can Quilt
- 9/25 Facets – Kristy Daum from St. Louis Folk Victorian
- 9/26 Focal Point – Amy Garro from 13 Spools
Additional stops on the hop are available from the awesome people listed below (we’re last!!) We’re all sharing our insights including book reviews, interviews, sample blocks, and other interesting content (and giveaways!) you won’t want to miss.
- 9/15 Andover Fabrics
- 9/16 Amy’s Free Motion Quilting Adventures and Leah Day’s Free Motion Quilting Project
- 9/17 Do You EQ? from Electric Quilt and Darlene from Quilt Shop Gal
- 9/18 Jacquelynne Steves’ The Art of Home and Scott Hansen from Blue Nickel Studios
- 9/19 Moda Fabrics – The Cutting Table
- 9/21 Katy Cameron from The Littlest Thistle
- 9/22 Debbie Grifka of Esch House Quilts and Generation Q Magazine
- 9/23 Rebecca Bryan of Bryan House Quilts
- 9/24 Stitch This – The Martingale Blog and Riley Blake Fabrics
- 9/25 Michele Foster of The Quilting Gallery and Teri Lucas from TerifiCreations
- 9/26 Pellon Projects and Amy Ellis from Amy’s Creative Side
Thanks again to Christa for including us!