The New and Improved line of Pellon® EZ-Steam® pressure-sensitive, paper backed fusible webs is now available with a gridded backing for easy drawing and tracing. This 100% polyamide adhesive is strong, yet pliable when fused to a wide variety of fabrics. It will bond fabric to fabric or other porous surfaces such as cardboard, paper, batting, ribbon, patches, wood and more!
The EZ-Steam® line is a must for every sewing and craft room. It will make appliqué quick and easy and offers a fast, no-sew solution making any fusible project a snap. Once fused, the EZ-Steam® products can be machine washed in warm water on a gentle cycle and dried low or dry cleaned. We do not recommend using fabric softeners when using these products.
As we have fine-tuned this line, we have updated our instructions. Please carefully review all directions prior to use. Always test a small piece prior to use to make sure that the fusible performs well with the selected fabric. We suggest pre-washing all fabrics prior to fusing. Do not use fabric softener.
- Trace or draw design onto gridded backing. If using a design based on the fabric’s pattern, there is no need to trace. (If using letters or numbers, make sure to trace design in reverse.)
- Remove opposite backing of the EZ-Steam® II/Lite EZ-Steam® II. (If necessary, score and bend backing to start the release process.)
- Finger press sticky side to the wrong side of the appliqué fabric.*
- Cut out design.
- Remove gridded backing. (If necessary, score and bend or slightly tear paper to start the release process.)
- Finger press appliqué onto the right side of the background fabric. The appliqué is repositionable at this point.
- To permanently fuse the appliqué, set iron to a Cotton setting with steam. Cover with a damp press cloth and press down firmly in place for 10-15 seconds. (If fusing to cardboard, paper or wood, use a dry press cloth and eliminate steam.)
*Alternate application: Finger press the EZ-Steam® II/Lite EZ-Steam® II onto the appliqué fabric and press with a hot dry iron for 5-8 seconds. Cut out design and remove the second backing.
Learn how to make Wall Decals using EZ-Steam® II!!
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –