This little project couldn’t be more simple. All you need is a rectangle of your favorite print, a blank or old mousepad, and a little Pellon® EZ-Steam® (or Wonder-Under® — whatever you have on hand!). It only takes about 5 minutes to complete, making this the fastest holiday gift we’ve shared yet! Perfect for 2 days before Christmas;).
Fabric Mouse Pad
— 1 Fat Quarter of your favorite fabric (Samples use prints from Art Gallery Fabrics)
— 1 sheet of Pellon® EZ25S EZ-Steam® II (could also use 805 Wonder-Under®)
— 1 Blank Mouse Pad (or your old beat up mouse pad!)
1. Cut one 7-1/2” x 8-1/2” rectangle each of fabric and EZ-Steam™ II.
2. Peel off the waxy side of the EZ-Steam™ II.
3. Place the EZ-Steam™ II on the wrong side of the fabric with the paper side facing up. Finger press in place.
4. Remove paper backing and layer the fabric, right side up, on top of the mouse pad, making sure that the full surface is covered. Finger press in place.
5. Cover with a lightweight damp press cloth and fuse.
6. Trim the edges with scissors or a rotary cutter.
7. Add embellishments as desired!
We’d love to see what you make, so be sure to post a photo on our Facebook page OR share with our ‘Made with Pellon®‘ flickr group!
[The mousepad above has been in use since Spring Market back in May and it’s holding up great! I love it just as much as when I made it;)]