We are SO excited to introduce the 2013 Winter Mystery Quilt A Long! We know it may seem a bit early to start on a holiday quilt, but if we get going now, we’re pretty much guaranteed a brand new, gorgeous, awe-inspiring quilt just in time to wow family and friends for Christmas 2013;). The QAL was designed by Alexandra Henry of Alexa’s World exclusively for Pellon®. She’ll walk you through 6 different patterns that cover various techniques like foundation piecing, embroidery, & quilting.
Alexandra used Kona Bay Fabrics and we’d encourage you to take a peek at their site to browse some of the stunning designs they carry. We’ll be partnering with Kona Bay for 6 small giveaways throughout the QAL, culminating in one big giveaway at the very end. To enter-to-win in the giveaways, simply complete the design released each month and submit an image to our Flickr Pool. We will randomly select one winner for each part. The final giveaway will be based on completed quilt submissions to the Flickr Pool and winners will be selected by a panel of judges, yet to be determined. See below for the schedule and have fun!!
The 2013 Winter Mystery Quilt A Long
2/15: Part 1
3/12: Deadline for Part 1 submissions
3/15: Part 2 + Winner for giveaway announced
4/12: Deadline for Part 2 submissions
4/15: Part 3 + Winner for giveaway announced
5/12: Deadline for Part 3 submissions
5/15: Part 4 + Winner for giveaway announced
6/12: Deadline for Part 4 submissions
6/15: Part 5 + Winner for giveaway announced
7/12: Deadline for Part 5 submissions
7/15: Part 6 + Winner for giveaway announced
8/12: Deadline for Part 6 submissions
8/15: Winner for giveaway announced
9/25: Full Quilt entries due
10/2: Winners announced (1st, 2nd, 3rd prizes)
Click here to join in the QAL Flickr Group
Part 1 Prizing:
1 pkg Pellon® 835R Stitch-N-Tear® Lite AND 1 copy of Asian Fabric Magazine (each magazine comes with between 6-10 quilt patterns!)
— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —
So, we’ve given you the details — let’s get started!
– 1-1/2 yards Fabric A — Kona Bay FLOR-01 Burgundy
– 2-1/2 yards Fabric B — Kona Bay GT0052-02 White
– 1-1/2 yards Fabric C — Kona Bay GT0046-01 Red
– 1 yard Fabric D — Kona Bay KORA-07 Evergreen
– 1 yard Fabric E — Kona Bay SHAD-02 Gold
– 1 yard Fabric F — Kona Bay FLOR-01 Red
– 1/2 yard Fabric G — Kona Bay GARD-04 Green
– 1 yard Outer Border Fabric
– 3 yards Backing Fabric
– 1/4 yard Binding Fabric
– 1 pkg Pellon® Stitch-N-Tear® Lite
– 2 yards Pellon® 880F Sof-Shape®
– 2 yards Legacy™ by Pellon® 100% Natural Cotton Batting
– Temporary Glue (optional)
– Sewing Machine & Related Supplies
– Rotary Cutter & Related Supplies
Note: Materials and tools listed are enough for the full quilt.
A free downloadable pdf for this project is available on our website — click here for the project page.