This may just be the cutest bread basket we’ve ever seen!! Designed by Marni Weaver of Haberdashery Fun, this little chicken will add just the right amount of pizzazz to your holiday table. Why let your bread be boring when it can be bright and fun?;) This project is a quick sew, and is suitable for beginners on up — ultimately, it’s the perfect project to sneak in before the cooking begins and the company arrives!
Quilted Holiday Bread Basket Cover
– 1/2 yard patterned cotton fabric for exterior
– 1/2 yard solid color cotton fabric for lining
– 2 colors of Felt
– 1/2 yard Pellon® TP971F Thermolam® Plus
– 1 package 1/4” double fold bias tape
– 2 Small black buttons
– 1/4” wide elastic
– Quilt basting spray
– Small oval basket, no handles
– Sewing machine and related supplies
– Rotary cutter and related supplies
– Disappearing ink pen
For a free downloadable pdf of this pattern, visit the project page here. We’d love to see what you make, so be sure to post a photo on our Facebook page OR share with our ‘Made with Pellon®‘ flickr group!
- – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – -
With a passion for sewing and design, Marni Weaver showcases her talent through each post on Haberdashery Fun. By creating tutorials with step-by-step illustrations, Marni uses her background in fashion and design and her 15 years of sewing to teach blog readers how to make something out of nothing.