Hey everyone! I looked at my iron this morning and it seriously looked like it was caked in mud. I’d say about a 1/4 of it was brown. Yuck. Who wants to use something like that to iron your gorgeous fabrics and prized projects? I had to do something! I came up with a great solution and thought it’d be worth sharing with all of you.
For a clean iron:
– Add equal parts baking soda and salt to water to form a paste.
– Apply the paste to a damp washcloth and use it to scrub your iron. The baking soda provides cleaning powers while the salt serves as what you might call an exfolient for your iron;).
– Create a vinegar/water solution and use it to clean the plate. This helps to remove any baking soda that got caked into the little holes in your iron plate.
– Use a magic eraser to polish the plate and make it look shiny again.
– Stand back and admire! Your iron should look as good as new!
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - -
Planning to give this one a try? We’d love to see your before and after shots! Send them to erin @ pellon.